PANAMANIA, presented by CIBC, the 35-day arts and culture festival for the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, has released the entertainment schedule for one of its free outdoor festival sites, PANAMANIA Live @ The Distillery District, which will run from July 11 to 25.
The Old World charm of The Distillery District will be enhanced with the vibrant sights, sounds and tastes of the Americas. PANAMANIA Live @ The Distillery District will offer an immersive cultural experience with live music daily on the main stage with additional musicians strolling along the pedestrian-friendly cobblestone lanes.
Music highlights include (full daily schedule attached):
· July 11 – Basia Bulat
· July 16 – The Afro-Cuban All Stars
· July 17 – Eva Avila
· July 19 – Ron Davis’ Symphronica with the Lombard Twins
· July 20 – Chocquibtown
· July 23 – Jane Bunnett and Maqueque
· July 24 – Lady Son
· July 25 – The Hot Sardines
Additionally, The Young Centre for the Performing Arts is home to eight unique and diverse ticketed PANAMANIA Presentations in July and August, with tickets starting at only $20.15:
· July 12-15: La Imaginación del Futuro (North American Premiere)
· July 14-18: Gimme Shelter by Ravi Jain (World Premiere)
· July 16: Yaíma Sáez y su grupo “Live in Concert”
· July 17-18: Limitless from ILL-Abilities
· July 21-23: Battle for the North
· July 21–25: The Big ‘What Now?’ by Sandra Shamas (World Premiere)
· August 4-8: Obeah Opera by Nicole Brooks (World Premiere)
· August 11-14: PUSH! Real Athletes. Real Stories. Real Theatre. (World Premiere)
Unprecedented in scale, PANAMANIA will feature more than 1,300 artists in 250 performances and exhibitions across Toronto from July 10 to August 15. The festival will showcase the diverse cultures and artistic excellence of Ontario, Canada and the Americas through music, theatre, dance and more, with free and ticketed events.
For the PANAMANIA schedule and more information, please visit: TORONTO2015.org/PANAMANIA